Posted to users@airflow.apache.org by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> on 2019/07/19 07:44:18 UTC

Re: [RESULT] AIP-16: CLI: Use nested commands instead of flags

And we've just merged this, so the UI will be a little more structured from Airflow 2.0 on. Reminder of the type of changes

- `airflow list_dags` -> `airflow dags list`
- `airflow pools -l` -> `airflow pools list`
- `airflow pools -a` -> `airflow pools add`
- `airflow initdb` -> `airflow db init`

And an example "group" help message:

  usage: airflow db [-h] {init,reset,upgrade} ...

  positional arguments:
    {init,reset,upgrade}
      init                Initialize the metadata database
      reset               Burn down and rebuild the metadata database
      upgrade             Upgrade the metadata database to latest version

  optional arguments:
    -h, --help            show this help message and exit

Thanks,
Ash