Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu> on 2004/12/20 21:39:14 UTC

Re: [RFC] Cocoon Tutorial

Glen Ezkovich wrote:

<snip/>

> As you can see this will be quite an undertaking. I would like to align
> the tutorial with the community's thinking as much as possible. While I
> think I have a good understanding of the community, both in agreement
> and in disagreement, I've learned not to assume to much. If there are
> any aspects of any of the topics above you feel that are essential, any
> points you would like emphasized, any relationships made clear or any
> comments you care to make about this undertaking, I would be most
> interested in hearing them. While I have favored approaches to
> developing with Cocoon, I recognize that other approaches are valid and
> am willing to discuss and demonstrate them in the tutorial.

I think you should build off of the "Supersonic Tour" block. There's
already a bunch of great stuff there that needs to be brought into
"main" documentation.

Tony

Re: [RFC] Cocoon Tutorial

Posted by Glen Ezkovich <gl...@hard-bop.com>.
On Dec 20, 2004, at 2:39 PM, Tony Collen wrote:

> Glen Ezkovich wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> As you can see this will be quite an undertaking. I would like to
>> align the tutorial with the community's thinking as much as possible.
>> While I think I have a good understanding of the community, both in
>> agreement and in disagreement, I've learned not to assume to much. If
>> there are any aspects of any of the topics above you feel that are
>> essential, any points you would like emphasized, any relationships
>> made clear or any comments you care to make about this undertaking, I
>> would be most interested in hearing them. While I have favored
>> approaches to developing with Cocoon, I recognize that other
>> approaches are valid and am willing to discuss and demonstrate them
>> in the tutorial.
>
> I think you should build off of the "Supersonic Tour" block. There's
> already a bunch of great stuff there that needs to be brought into
> "main" documentation.

You are right. It is amazing to me that the Tour can not be taken from
the Cocoon site. I agree that there is some great stuff, but our needs
are for something a bit more comprehensive. I want to build mind share
as well as delve into the nitty gritty.  As I mentioned, the tutorial
will be as much about method and process as Cocoon. Where appropriate I
am willing to beg and borrow, I just won't steal... at least without
attribution. ;-)

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com