Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 18:18:34 UTC

Does Storm Rebalance during scale down?

If a node is removed, will Storm rebalance among the remaining nodes? I
know in case of scaling up we need to call the rebalance.

thanks!

Re: Does Storm Rebalance during scale down?

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Yes, if you remove a supervisor node Nimbus will detect it and reassign the work to other supervisor nodes in the cluster.

-Taylor