Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Alvaro Coronel <al...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/16 18:49:53 UTC

inputValidator usage

Hello everybody.

Can anyone please provide a useful pointer or hint about the usage of the inputValidator tag?

Advice not only about schema definition but also at code level would be appreciated.

TIA
Álvaro Coronel.

---------------------------------

Re: inputValidator usage

Posted by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org>.
Sorry, did not see that Greg already responded to this. Please disregard
my last email.

   Thomas

Re: inputValidator usage

Posted by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org>.

RE: inputValidator usage

Posted by Greg Monroe <Gr...@DukeCE.com>.
This dates back to the V1.0 DTD in CVS.  The only place
that this is used is to set the String InputValidator
property of the ColumnMap class in the 3.2.1-dev version.

So, if you want to use it, you could probably set it
to your own validation /text to object type conversion
class, then when processing input do something like:

setColumnWithValidation( BaseObject record,
                         String colName,
                         String value)
                            throws Exception {

    validatorClassName  = record.getTableMap()
            .getColumn(PeerName).getInputValidator());
    Class vClass = Class.forName(validatorClassName);
    Validate v = (Validate) vClass.newInstance();
    setByName(colName, v.convert(value) );
}

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email, its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.