Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2021/11/22 17:21:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 12.6

Dear community,

This is our first voting candidate for the 12.6 release of Apache NetBeans.

Please note all requirements below for validating sources and
convenience binaries before voting.

Apache NetBeans 12.6 constitutes all clusters in the Apache NetBeans
Git repository, which together provide the NetBeans Platform (i.e.,
the underlying application framework), as well as all the modules that
provide the Java SE, Java EE, PHP, JavaScript and Groovy features of
Apache NetBeans.

Release specific wiki page :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+12.6

------------------------

Build artifacts are available here :

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/12.6/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-platform/12.6/

They were built by the Jenkins pipeline :

https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release126/14/

------------------------

We are primarily voting on :

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/12.6/netbeans-12.6-source.zip

SHA512 : 2e8064c603ea134df00984a1ac7221ddb0b91e1175a04f11b26e59a39530418499634b28cd64174a5a946f7237479fbb01ce09253fca354aed1fe56052b55edf

KEYS file : https://downloads.apache.org/netbeans/KEYS

------------------------

Associated with the primary source item we have, generated with the
pipeline mentioned above :

-- at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/12.6/

Binaries associated with the source - netbeans-12.6-bin.zip as well as
update content under the nbms folder.

-- at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-platform/12.6/

The platform cluster build netbeans-platform-12.6-bin.zip and
netbeans-platform-12.6-source.zip

------------------------

Maven Artefacts

The Maven artefacts for Apache NetBeans 12.6 are ready on staging
associated to this vote.

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1092/

The version is : RELEASE126

------------------------

Voting Requirements

Before voting +1 you are required to download the signed source code
package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable on
your own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets
the requirements of the ASF policy on releases -
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#management

In particular, you should (at least) follow these steps.

1. Download the artefact to be voted on and unzip it.
2. Check that the artefact does not contain any jar files (there are
branding folders with the name *.jar).
3. Verify the cryptographic signatures, the NOTICE and LICENSE file
4. Build it using the README provided by the artefact.
5. Look in nbbuild/netbeans for the NetBeans installation created by
the build process and try running it.

In addition to checking the sources, you should check the associated
convenience binary zips, nbms and maven staging at the artefact links
above. As well as checking any artefact functions correctly, you
should check that it has been correctly signed by a PMC member, and
that the source being voted on is sufficient to build the relevant
binary.

Separate votes will be held on other convenience binaries, including
installers. Those will be dependent on this vote passing.

This vote is going to be open at least 72 hours, vote with +1, 0, and
-1 as usual. (Please justify -1)

Please mark your vote with (binding) only if you're an Apache NetBeans
PMC member to help with voting admin.

Only respond if you are going to vote, i.e., this is NOT a discussion thread.

Apache NetBeans 12.6 will be released if and when this vote passes.

Thank you to all contributors for all your hard work!

Best wishes,

Neil, Eric and Geertjan
Apache NetBeans release team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 12.6

Posted by John Mc <mc...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

- SHA512 Ok
- Signature Ok
- NOTICE and LICENSE Ok

Posted by John Kostaras <jk...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Michal Hlavac <mi...@hlavki.eu>.
+1

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
+1 not binding

  - using the 12.6 vc build for about two days and everything works fine
so far
  - JDK 17 without nb-javac, linux, dark FlatLAF, zip distribution
  - tested config migration e.g the new migration for .hint files
  - tested some bugfixes and improvements from PRs I remembered or worked on

-michael

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Checked the: checksums, signatures.

Checked to build it with Java 11 into a Snap package. That works, put
the Snap package to snapcraft.io (available on the edge channel). Snap
does the automatic update without a dialog this time.

Posted by Kai Uwe Pel <ku...@webnetproject.com>.
+1 (not binding)

Everything is nice, the source compiles, gives a good executable.

Checksums are Ok.

Signature Ok.

Kai

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

- Checksum valid
- NOTICE and LICENSE look good
- Compiles and runs well on the following:

*Java:* 11.0.5; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 11.0.5+10-LTS

*Runtime:* OpenJDK Runtime Environment 11.0.5+10-LTS

*System:* Mac OS X version 10.16 running on x86_64; UTF-8; en_US (nb)

Josh Juneau
juneau001@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
Apress Author <https://www.apress.com/us/search?query=juneau>

Posted by Junichi Yamamoto <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

- Checked jar files
- Verified the cryptographic signatures, the NOTICE, and LICENSE file
- BUILD SUCCESSFUL (openjdk version "1.8.0_292")
- Tried creating a PHP project and running CC. Works fine.

Thanks,
Junichi

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
+1 (binding)

- SHA512 of source validated
- checked signatures
- checked NOTICE and LICENSE files in full distributions
  (platform + IDE, source + bin)
- contents of source zip matches contents of git repository branch
  release126 (9cacf1fd305b775b176576c8b633b10b73524861)
- no jars found
- platform is a subset of ide
- rat runs clean
- Building and running the IDE works with OpenJDK 11 (Ubuntu) works
- checked the NOTICE, LICENSE and signature of a few NBMs

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>.
On 11/22/21 11:21, Neil C Smith wrote:
> This is our first voting candidate for the 12.6 release of Apache NetBeans.

+1 (binding)

verified sha512sums and crypto signatures
verified no jar files in expanded source zip
built on Debian Linux with JDK11
running on JDK17, did some light testing

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: [External] : [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 12.6

Posted by Martin Balin <ma...@oracle.com>.
+1
- build from sources on macOS using JDK11.
- run on JDK16, tested a little
- working

Martin

Posted by Svata Dedic <sv...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

- ZIP and NBMs SHA512 checked, GPG signatures OK.
- LICENSE, NOTICE and DEPENDENCIES present & sane in the tarball
- build from sources (JDK 8, JDK 11) - Ubuntu 18.04
- basic test (open project, compile run + debug), editing OK
- Maven + gradle projects

-Svata

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

And let's bring this vote to a close. Thanks all. Result email to follow.

Best wishes,

Neil

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)