Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Liu <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/11 07:48:17 UTC

Public keys in reply and keystore don't match

I was tring to import into my keystore a certificate
which I obtained from my CA.  I want to do this
because I want to run Tomcat 4.1.12 with SSL.

After I imported the certificate of my CA, I attempted
to import my certificate issued by the CA.

I did it like this:

C:\>keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore .keystore
-trustcacerts -file mycert.cer
Enter keystore password:  changeit
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Public keys in
reply and keystore don't match

C:\>

What's the problem please?

Re: Public keys in reply and keystore don't match

Posted by Mark Liu <ma...@yahoo.com>.
I searched the mail-archive and the web, one guy asked
this question on Jan. 29, 2001, but nobody gave an
answer. Is this too difficult so that nobody knows the
answer?  Or is this too easy so that nobody assumes an
answer would be necessary?