Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Leon Palermo <le...@zedak.com> on 2000/10/16 15:23:40 UTC

WAR

Hello all,

I have an application whose document root is not relative to tomcat.  I put a context entry into the server.xml file:

<Context path="/myapp"
 docBase="C:/Program Files/Apache Group/apache/htdocs/myapp"
 debug="0"
 reloadable="true" >
</Context>

I placed my myapp.war file in the "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/apache/htdocs" directory and deleted the "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/apache/htdocs/myapp directory".  When I restart tomcat nothing happens.  When I move the myapp.war file to the "tomcat/webapps" directory the war file is unpacked.  How do I get tomcat to recognize that the warfile should be unpacked where the context is?  Thanks in advance!

Leon