Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/10/15 19:44:06 UTC

Maven 2.0 RC now available

Hi,

The release candidate build of Maven is now available here:

http://people.apache.org/~brett/maven-2.0-RC/

We'd appreciate testing for any blocking bugs. This should only be
issues with core features - plugin issues will be addressed by separate
releases. I'd strongly encourage everyone to run using the RC instead of
bootstrapping (you can build individual plugins as needed).

For particular attention in testing:
- deployment using scp
- error handling

Barring any blocking issues, we should aim to promote the RC to final
next Monday.

Happy testing!

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Migrate jelly execute scripts to M2? (was RE: Wanted: Help with documentation on M2)

Posted by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Siegfried,
I think the short answer is; write a plugin.
Now if you're like me, and your Jelly was mostly just a bunch of Ant calls
with a bit of Jelly glue, then you might consider using the new m2 Ant
plugins. This would allow you to transfer the knowledge directly to an Ant
buildfile and simply execute that from your plugin. It's pretty straight
forward.
BTW: you may need to use the Ant Tasks in ant-contrib to fill in some of the
script functionality that is missing in Ant.
Cheers,
-- Chris

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Siegfried,

Posted by Siegfried Heintze <si...@heintze.com>.
I'm reading http://maven.apache.org/maven2/general.html and
http://maven.apache.org/maven2/maven1.html#m1-maven-xml and I still don't
understand where I learn about converting the following maven.xml file (see
below) for use with m2. Can someone point me to the proper URL that contains
the M2 documentation that will tell me how to convert a minimal maven 1.1
project to m2 given the maven.xml file below?

Thanks,
Siegfried

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<project default="jar" xmlns:maven="jelly:maven" xmlns:ant="jelly:ant"
xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:u="jelly:util">
  <goal name="run" prereqs="jar">
    <ant:java classname="mdn.testapp.App" fork="true">
      <ant:classpath>
        <ant:pathelement
location="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.jar"/>

Re: Maven 2.0 RC now available

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I've copied it up there now. sorry for the omission.

- Brett

Re: Maven 2.0 RC now available

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven 2.0 RC now available

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Arik Kfir wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Do you plan to release the core before the final plugins versions? IMO
>it would be best to release final versions of the plugins (atleast the
>"core" plugins like compiler,sources,resources, etc) before the final
>m2 release.
>
>Or perhaps I just misunderstood? :D

Nope, you got it in one.

- Brett