Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Steven Bethard <st...@Colorado.EDU> on 2012/11/14 14:28:47 UTC

trunk still frozen?

What's the status of the cTAKES trunk? Is it still frozen for the pending release?

Steve

RE: trunk still frozen?

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
+1 for C

Note this blog post
http://lsimons.wordpress.com/2010/02/19/using-long-lived-stable-branches/
which is recommended by
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice
The post advocates having a single stable branch (used as the basis for all releases).

A very short version, missing details, is: commits go to trunk and are merged into the stable branch if needed to be put into the release.

Something for us to consider not just for future releases but also when naming the branch that is created (do we just call it stable as the post suggests?)

-- James

Re: trunk still frozen?

Posted by Steven Bethard <st...@Colorado.EDU>.
Great. Thanks Pei!

Steve

RE: trunk still frozen?

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Re: trunk still frozen?

Posted by "Wu, Stephen T., Ph.D." <Wu...@mayo.edu>.
+1 for C

Re: trunk still frozen?

Posted by "Coarr, Matt" <mc...@mitre.org>.

Re: trunk still frozen?

Posted by Steven Bethard <st...@Colorado.EDU>.

RE: trunk still frozen?

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
It's been getting ready for the 3.0 release.  IIRC, The only thing remaining is pulling in UMLS resources externally (I think it's doable to jar/zip up the resources from dictionary lookup and upload it to m2 central.)  After some reading, I think this should work as a simple maven artifact (and use the unpack goal to automatically unpack the contents so it'll be transparent for developers.)  If someone has a chance to try that out, it would be great, otherwise I'll look into next week once I get back into the office.