Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net> on 2005/05/18 22:54:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCE](slightly OT)mod_chroot

mod_chroot issues a chroot syscall at the very end of the PostConfig phase.
Thus all configuration, logfile opening, etc. is done in the normal root but
the workers run with a different root. That new root can be mounted
ro,nodev,noexec. Hence all Perl modules can be loaded before the chroot
mod_perl's include path can be outside the new root. This is really alpha. I
have checked it with a few simple PerlResponseHandlers, ModPerl::Registry and
Perl code inside SSI Dokuments with Apache::IncludeHook.

http://foertsch.name/Perl/mod_chroot/mod_chroot-0.01.tar.gz

Actually, my first try was to write it in Perl but the mod_perl's
PerlPostConfigHandler is APR_HOOK_MIDDLE. Is it possible to extend the
Perl*Handler directives so that the priority can be specified, say
"Perl*Handler Handler APR_HOOK_REALLY_LAST+10"? Or is this not possible in
principle?

Torsten