Posted to builds@apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> on 2021/05/24 19:27:59 UTC

New Concurrency feature of GitHub Actions -> replaces "cancel-workflow" action of mine

Hello everyone,

In case you have not noticed, Github Recently (19th of April) introduced a
new feature "concurrency" which adds the possibility of cancelling
duplicate workflows in a much "nicer" way than the "cancel-workflow-action"
I wrote.

https://github.blog/changelog/2021-04-19-github-actions-limit-workflow-run-or-job-concurrency/

It is MUCH easier to use and we are trying it out in Airflow - seems it
provides solution for most of the features of my action (one feature it
does not provide is workflow "fail-fast" in case of failure of some jobs
(but this was an edge case, likely not used by anyone except Airflow as it
require quite some complex setup).

I am going to deprecate my action soon (and happily - it was just making up
lack of the feature in Github Actions).

J.

--
+48 660 796 129