Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2012/07/30 20:53:44 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Comment out SNAPSHOT repositories by default

Hi all,

I made some tests on a VM without Internet connection this afternoon,
using a local Archiva Maven repo configured in Karaf.

I saw that using Apache SNAPSHOT repo
(http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group@snapshots@noreleases),
it makes very long (features:addurl) as it has to wait the timeout (it
doesn't occur for the release repo).

My proposal is to comment out the Apache SNAPSHOT repo (at least when
releasing). I think most of users use released artifacts, and if they
want, they can uncomment it.

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Comment out SNAPSHOT repositories by default

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
basically +1 to the ideas; nevertheless, I think we might have some
problems with the timeouts on the repositories since they're ways too
long in case the connection is offline; maybe we should also give this
a shot in pax-url?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+1

regards, Achim

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 agreed :)

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

For commenting out the snapshot repos for releases of karaf.

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: [PROPOSAL] Comment out SNAPSHOT repositories by default

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Sorry, I missed the second point. That's why I proposed to comment and,
if people want to use SNAPSHOT, they can comment out the snapshot repo.

Of course, we have to document that in one way or another (I mean
without Internet connection, please comment the SNAPSHOT repo, or if you
want to use SNAPSHOT, please comment out the SNAPSHOT repo ;)).

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.