Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2016/09/20 17:03:21 UTC

weird little Java9 issue

Hi!

It seems that OpenJPA now runs fine with the latest Java9-EA!

There are only 2 little tests which fail. They have to do with proxying after em.detach().
The tests do assume that the Date, TimeStamp etc fields are still proxied after a serialisation roundtrip.
That works if the openjpa-kernel gets compiled with Java7 and 8, but not with Java9. In that case I don't get any proxies after the roundtrip.

Failed tests:
TestDetachNoProxy>AbstractPersistenceTestCase.run:206->AbstractPersistenceTestCase.runBare:541->AbstractPersistenceTestCase.runBare:565->AbstractPersistenceTestCase.runTest:578->testClear10Compat:259->verifySerializable:417->verifyEntities:437 Expected sqlDate endsWith($proxy) to return true
TestDetachNoProxy>AbstractPersistenceTestCase.run:206->AbstractPersistenceTestCase.runBare:541->AbstractPersistenceTestCase.runBare:565->AbstractPersistenceTestCase.runTest:578->testClear20Compat:313->verifySerializable:417->verifyEntities:437 Expected sqlDate endsWith($proxy) to return true

Note that those tests are in openjpa-persistence-jdbc but it doesn't matter if I build openjpa-persistence-jdbc with Java7 or 9. It only blows up if I compile openjpa-kernel with Java9. Even if I run openjpa-persistence-jdbc.
Any ideas?

txs and LieGrue,
strub