Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tomas Hulek <th...@cz.ibm.com> on 1999/12/16 13:46:49 UTC

mod_jserv/5482: C source code violates ANSI norm

>Number:         5482
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       C source code violates ANSI norm
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        N/A
>Environment:
AIX adis 2 4 000004003400

xlc (C for AIX) version 3.1.4
The source file src/c/jserv_mmap.c contains several constructs which are illegal in ANSI C.  gcc maybe ignores it, but my compilet (xlc) rightly complains:

line 359 (function jserv_setalive()) - a void valued can NOT be returned
line 364 (function jserv_setdead()) -  a void valued can NOT be returned

line 429 (function jserv_getnext_host()) - typecast can NOT be applied to an lvalue

To correct these bugs in the source code is easy, but it would be nice to have the original source in ANSI C.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile the module src/c/jserv_mmap.c in a ANSI C compiler other than gcc.
>Fix:
Do not use return statement on lines 359 and 364.
Do not use (int) typecast on line 429 (it is not necessary anyway).
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]