Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by teebot <te...@bk.ru> on 2017/04/11 14:07:55 UTC

Message dublicate when two brokers in failover

Hello.

ActiveMQ 5.14.3, Java 8 JMS.
We have two brokers configured in failover
Like this:
B1 -> B2
B2 -> B1

B1 configuration
<networkConnectors>
   <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://B2_DNS_NAME:port)"
    name="B1-B2"
    duplex="false"
    dynamicOnly="true"
   />
</networkConnectors>

B2 configuration
<networkConnectors>
   <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://B1_DNS_NAME:port)"
    name="B2-B1"
    duplex="false"
    dynamicOnly="true"
   />
</networkConnectors>

From time to time messages duplication occurs in topic.
Presumably after restart of arbitrary broker.
In the same time no errors in logs.
Just this warning
2017-04-11 14:08:00,031 [.74:33879@61313] WARN  Transport
- Transport Connection to: tcp://192.168.4.64:33879 failed:
java.io.EOFException

I know that connection between brokers could be duplex.
But we had many other problems with duplex that is why duplex="false" now.
And my question. Is activeMQ designed to guarantee that message is delivered
only once?
Is this feature or bug?