Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/02 14:29:04 UTC

Deploying cache on selected server nodes within cluster

In following example,
https://dzone.com/articles/how-apache-ignite-helped-a-large-bank-process-geog-1
<https://dzone.com/articles/how-apache-ignite-helped-a-large-bank-process-geog-1>

How is data cache deployed on selected servers within cluster? As, by using
cache in partitioned mode, it gets distributed across all servers in cluster
by default. How can we deploy it on selected servers within cluster?

Re: Deploying cache on selected server nodes within cluster

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
You don't need custom affinity function for this. Nodes where a particular
cache is deployed is defined by filter provided via
CacheConfiguration.nodeFilter property. I would recommend to use user node
attributes to assign nodes to different logical groups, and implement a
filter that will filter nodes based on these attributes.

-Val

Re: Deploying cache on selected server nodes within cluster

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can use custom AffinityFunction implementation to map partitions to
certain nodes.
and ClusterNode.attribute() to mark nodes with some attribute to make them
"belongs to certain zone".

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 5:29 PM, rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In following example,
> https://dzone.com/articles/how-apache-ignite-helped-a-
> large-bank-process-geog-1
> <https://dzone.com/articles/how-apache-ignite-helped-a-
> large-bank-process-geog-1>
>
> How is data cache deployed on selected servers within cluster? As, by using
> cache in partitioned mode, it gets distributed across all servers in
> cluster
> by default. How can we deploy it on selected servers within cluster?

С уважением,
Машенков Андрей Владимирович
Тел. +7-921-932-61-82

Best regards,