Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by th...@ascentialsoftware.com on 2002/12/04 23:47:07 UTC

Xalan 1.4 weird behavior (may be:-)

That one might be a long shot (I am far from being convinced that this is a
Xalan 1.4 problem), but just in case.

Since we switched to Xalan 1.4, from time to time we get the following error
messages through our error handler:

Xalan warning (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception
occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:Warning: The primary document
entity could not be opened. Id=

Or

Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 1, column: 2): Expected an
element name

We have been looking at our input XML and XSLT documents over and over
without finding the cause of those problems. It also seems that it happens
only when passing the input XML document as a stream instead of a file path.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thomas

Re: Xalan 1.4 weird behavior (may be:-)

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Thomas,

What's your platform?  There is a problem with the Sun compiler and
iostreams that requires a patch from Sun.  That would account for the
second, fatal error.

The first problem with the warning is probably a bug in Xalan 1.4 related
to schema processing.  That was fixed in the interim release.  At any rate,
this should not interfere with processing.

Dave

                      thomas.cherel@ascentials
                      oftware.com                      To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
                                                       cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      12/04/2002 02:47 PM              Subject: Xalan 1.4 weird behavior (may be:-)