Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Faried Nawaz <fn...@hungry.orga> on 2002/06/03 19:00:04 UTC

a couple of minor issues.

I'm using the alt build root -- sources in svn/, build foo in svn/../obj/.
I've noticed a problem with this -- neon's doc directory isn't created in
obj/neon/, and so "make install" fails when it tries to install neon's man
pages and such.

Two other build problems (or annoyances) are

- during the initial configure run, neon doesn't pick up on expat2 (which I
  have installed in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib).  I have to set
  CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS for it to work.

- also during the configure run, configure doesn't find db4 on FreeBSD.
  FreeBSD installs db4's includes in /usr/local/include/db4 and libraries as
  /usr/local/lib/libdb4.{a,so}.  The configure script looks for
  /usr/local/lib/libdb.*.  I can either patch svn/configure to search for
  db4 instead of db, or I end up putting db4 in svn/db.

Faried.
--
The Great GNU has arrived, infidels, behold his wrath !
If I wanted a GF,                Values, not variables.

Re: a couple of minor issues.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 01:00:04AM +0600, Faried Nawaz wrote:

> - during the initial configure run, neon doesn't pick up on expat2 (which I
>   have installed in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib).  I have to set
>   CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS for it to work.

i brought this up on the neon list a while back, and the response was
'set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS'.  i guess the neon people (meaning joe ;-)
don't feel it should look in /usr/local for expat.

> - also during the configure run, configure doesn't find db4 on FreeBSD.
>   FreeBSD installs db4's includes in /usr/local/include/db4 and libraries as
>   /usr/local/lib/libdb4.{a,so}.  The configure script looks for
>   /usr/local/lib/libdb.*.  I can either patch svn/configure to search for
>   db4 instead of db, or I end up putting db4 in svn/db.

this is a known problem with our configure.  if you have the needed
skill with autoconf, we'd welcome a patch that teaches it how to
correctly find db4 on freebsd.  currently, the freebsd port works
around this with an ugly hack (running perl -pi -e 's/ldb/ldb4/' on
the configure script before running it), and i'd love to get rid of
that, but haven't found the time to figure out how to fix it.

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                    Remember, any design flaw you're
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net      sufficiently snide about becomes

Re: a couple of minor issues.

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@manyfish.co.uk>.
On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 01:00:04AM +0600, Faried Nawaz wrote:

> I'm using the alt build root -- sources in svn/, build foo in svn/../obj/.
> I've noticed a problem with this -- neon's doc directory isn't created in
> obj/neon/, and so "make install" fails when it tries to install neon's man
> pages and such.

Thanks, this will be fixed in the next neon release.

joe