Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/21 20:35:46 UTC

Setting leaderVoteWait for auto discovered cores

How is this accomplished? We currently have an empty solr.xml
(auto-discovery) so I'm not sure where to put this value?

Re: Setting leaderVoteWait for auto discovered cores

Posted by Greg Walters <gr...@answers.com>.
Allow me to quote Mark via StackOverflow:

**
In solr.xml, add a cores attribute of leaderVoteWait=0. It defaults to 180000 (3 minutes).

This is simply to protect against starting the cluster with an old node - you don't want it to become the leader before other nodes get to participate in the election - so we wait until the known replicas are up  to ensure they can participate in the election.

If you are careful to not start the cluster in a way that an out of data node comes up before up to date nodes, it's not necessary.

Mark
**

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15674529/solrcloud-replica-waiting-time-configuration

Thanks,