Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Voytenko, Dimitry" <dv...@sectordata.com> on 2003/01/17 04:55:55 UTC

xslt/xpath function extension mechanism

Hi,

I've got a question concerning current extension mechanism (the one using
Java reflection). Is it considered finished? Do you plan any enhancements to
it? I'd really like to participate in any sort of discussion on this topic,
if this is possible of course.

While I find current system sufficient for most of our needs, I have some
questions/concerns that I want to find better solution for.
Some of them are:
1. Difficulty to port from Xalan C++ to Java (at least currently they are
pretty different).
2. Deployment/detection problems
3. Usage of extensions among with xpath/XPathAPI

If this has been a concern for other users, could you please direct me to
the mail thread or refer to the conclusions you'd come to.

Thanks,
Dmitry E. Voytenko
Software Engineer
Sector Data, LLC

Sector Data, LLC, is not affiliated with Sector, Inc., or SIAC