Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/06 19:24:56 UTC

OFBiz on LinkedIn

Hi All,

Today Hans Bakker, one of your committers and PMC member established a new
group on LinkedIn. This group is called 'OFBiz Marketing' and aims to

improve the marketing of Apache *OFBiz*, the open source ERP system

This group brings the total of OFBiz related groups to 18. I wonder if
there is a need within this community for this specific group to discuss
there the improvement of the marketing of this project and its work in
stead of here, or the already other groups on LinkedIn.

What do you feel?

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: OFBiz on LinkedIn

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Ron,

I can understand that when talking about organisation specific support
groups, and there are a few. But apart from these and the open groups, it
seems to me that these closed groups were created to explore how far the
OFBiz community extends in order to execute some marketing scheme (by its
creator).

We can only guess about the intentions.

Re: OFBiz on LinkedIn

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
They may be inactive and perhaps set up while "closed" was the default.
If they only have 1 member or a few, they may have been abandoned.

It is also possible that they are only open to the customers of one
company and are really intended to be private.
"Open source" does not say that you have to support all OffBiz users in
the same way that you support your own.

Ron

Re: OFBiz on LinkedIn

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.