Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Aleksandar Coso <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 03:57:25 UTC

Response Cut-Off/Truncated

Hi all,

After searching the mail archives and doing quite extensive web search
I didn't get much luck finding a solution to my problem described
below.

I am using jakarta-jmeter-2.2 to send LDAP requests to an LDAP server.
In certain cases the LDAP server returns an error message in the
following format:

:ETA_E_0004<AAC>, Windows NT Account '123' on 'LocaLHost' creation
failed: SuperAgent [ldap://localhost:20402] Add failed: No such object

I am viewing the response in JMeter GUI using "View Results Tree"
listener and I am also outputting the response to an XML file.
However, in both instances I can see that it is cut-off and what is
displayed is the following:

<responsemessage>:ETA_E_0004<AAC>, Windows NT Account '123' on
'LocaLHost' creation failed: SuperAgent
[ldap://localhost:20402</responsemessage>

As you can see everything up to ] is displayed in the response. In
fact, in my request I renamed my account to '12]3' and what I got in
the response was:

<responsemessage>:ETA_E_0004<AAC>, Windows NT Account '12</responsemessage>

So it seems that ] or combination of characters returned cause the
response to be cut-off.

I can also mention that I used direct LDAP to send the same request to
my LDAP server and that the response returned was complete.

Has anyone come across similar problem and do you perhaps know the solution?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Please reply to: mailto:imustb@hotmail.com