Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net> on 2007/05/11 04:44:23 UTC

Re: Fw: Axis2: remote deploy

Hi Sanjiva,

Thanks for the pointers.

Looking at ServiceAdmin I found the following issue when undeploying a service - basically this code throws an exception when the aar file cannot be deleted, which is what happens on windows.

===
 if ((fileName != null) && (fileName.trim().length() != 0)) {
                    File file = new File(fileName);
                    if (file.exists()) {
                        if (!file.delete()) {
                            throw new org.apache.axis2.AxisFault("Service archive deletion failed. " +
                                                "Due to a JVM issue on MS-Windows, " +
                                                "AAR files cannot be deleted!");
                        }
                    }
                }
====

 Does this mean undeploy is broken on windows for WSAS?

Thanks,
Shantanu

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shantanu,

Seems this might be related to the resource locking problems that we have on
servlet container in windows.
It was explained in here.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html the attributes
of allowLinking and antiResourceLocking.

Thanks

Lahiru.

On 5/11/07, Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Hi Sanjiva,
>
> Thanks for the pointers.
>
> Looking at ServiceAdmin I found the following issue when undeploying a
> service - basically this code throws an exception when the aar file cannot
> be deleted, which is what happens on windows.
>
> ===
> if ((fileName != null) && (fileName.trim().length() != 0)) {
>                     File file = new File(fileName);
>                     if (file.exists()) {
>                         if (!file.delete()) {
>                             throw new org.apache.axis2.AxisFault("Service
> archive deletion failed. " +
>                                                 "Due to a JVM issue on
> MS-Windows, " +
>                                                 "AAR files cannot be
> deleted!");
>                         }
>                     }
>                 }
> ====
>
> Does this mean undeploy is broken on windows for WSAS?
>
> Thanks,
> Shantanu

Regards
Lahiru Sandakith