Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2015/04/24 21:03:07 UTC

Welcome new Calcite commiters: Aman Sinha, Jesús Camacho-Rodríguez, Jingfeng Ni, John Pullokkaran and Nick Dimiduk

I am very pleased to announce that the Project Management Committee
(PMC) of Apache Calcite has asked Aman Sinha, Jesús Camacho-Rodríguez,
Jingfeng Ni, John Pullokkaran and Nick Dimiduk to become a committers,
and that they have each accepted.

Aman and Jinfeng are active Drill committers. They have been adding
functionality to Calcite for Drill's needs, including Calcite's
handling of collations, and validation of the ANY type, and recently
have undertaken the challenging task of getting Drill onto a more
recent version of Calcite.

Jesus and John are active Hive committers. They have made significant
contributions to Calcite's rule set and cost model.

Nick is a committer on Phoenix and HBase. Over a short period of time
he has made major improvements to Avatica's server, RPC protocol, and
thin JDBC client.

Welcome all! It would be great if you would each say a few words to
introduce yourself.

Julian

On behalf of the Apache Calcite PPMC

Re: Welcome new Calcite commiters: Aman Sinha, Jesús Camacho-Rodríguez, Jingfeng Ni, John Pullokkaran and Nick Dimiduk

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Congratulations everybody!

Special props to Julian for helping building a great community.

Posted by John Pullokkaran <jp...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for the opportunity to contribute to Calcite.

I work on Hive compiler, Optimizer.
In past I worked on OLTP engine, Streaming SQL, Federated DB Engine.

Looking forward to further involvement with Calcite.

Thanks
John

Posted by Jesus Camachorodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <jn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hsuan Yi Chu <hy...@maprtech.com>.
Congrats!!!

Posted by Aman Sinha <as...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Vladimir

Re: Welcome new Calcite commiters: Aman Sinha, Jesús Camacho-Rodríguez, Jingfeng Ni, John Pullokkaran and Nick Dimiduk

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Nick is a committer on Phoenix and HBase. Over a short period of time
> he has made major improvements to Avatica's server, RPC protocol, and
> thin JDBC client.

Thanks a lot PPMC! I'm happy to contribute and in particular push Avatica
to it's online latency limits via Apache Phoenix ;)

-n