Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Comain Chen <co...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/16 17:27:10 UTC

A simple question about web design

Hey, I am a new bie and  the title maybe not approriate.

My problem is :
     In a online-shopping site, we may have a tree of product categories, like:
                                                             root
                             book     |        electrical       |
           digital   |      mobile
        novel   commputer life|                            |

 so what is my jsp page be like?   It seems that we can get a category
tree first and
put it in the request. In the display jsp page, we use
<c: for each items="$(category.children)" var="category">
value="$(category.id)/></c:url>
</a>

First, is this approach right or is there more elegant ones ?
Secondly, does struts has any taglib that does this job better?
And lastly, is there any sample projects  that can me useful guidelines?

Wish you give me a hand!
--
Thanks for reading
comain chen

Re: A simple question about web design

Posted by Marcio Ghiraldelli <ma...@neobiz.com.br>.
    Look for "Prizetags" Tree Taglib. It was the most "elegant" way I found
to do it... an MVC web tree implementation.