Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kiran Kodlady <ki...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/30 16:27:11 UTC

Maven Error -" is duplicated in the reactor "

Hello all,

Maven complains when a pom has children with identical
groupId:artifactId with the following message:

INFO] Project 'com.xyzis duplicated in the reactor.

Can somebody tell me is there any solutin for this??

Thanks,

Kiran kodlady

Re: Maven Error -" is duplicated in the reactor "

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/30/07, Kiran Kodlady <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maven complains when a pom has children with identical
> groupId:artifactId with the following message:
>
> INFO] Project 'com.xyzis duplicated in the reactor.
>
> Can somebody tell me is there any solutin for this??

What exactly seems confusing to you about this?
The groupId/artifactId combination must always be unique for each maven
project/module.
You can reuse the groupId (or part of it) in your child modules, but also in
that case at least the artifactId must be unique.

Re: Maven Error -" is duplicated in the reactor "

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <Jo...@ordina.be>.
Thanks for your interesting comments Kenney!

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I have never needed to create a project like this, so I've never run
into this specific problem myself nor have I dug through the Maven
source code to find out what the absolute restrictions are.

In general, you should avoid naming artifacts with the same groupId
and artifactId. That's it.

If you require more absolute/specific information, the Maven source
code is available, along with a variety of documentation in the Wiki,
Maven website, archives of mailing lists, etc.

Wayne

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.