Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by lo...@gmail.com on 2009/07/22 01:37:36 UTC

CXF/XmlBeans Status

What is the real status with regards to XmlBeans support in CXF and is
it the right time to start porting from XFire/XmlBeans to CXF/XmlBeans
?

I have a large amount of code that uses XFire with XmlBeans and a
document/java first approach. I would like to port as XFire is not
really supported for some time now and we have had to make a few
patches to it to fix some issues.  Further, we would like to also
expose some services as REST so CXFs support for JaxRs is nice.

The reason I ask is that I have protoyped a little test application
using a java/document and while things work in the simple case, I
cannot get the sending of a soap header to work.  I did manage to
receive and process the SOAP header on the server side, but only when
I switched to JaxWsServerFactoryBean.  Obviously JaxWs is the way to
go but I was hoping to port with the minimal amount of code changes in
the first instance.

If it is considered that CXF/XmlBeans is ready (despite the out of
date wiki status/roadmap pages) then I perhaps may post some more
specifc issues that I have.

David

Re: CXF/XmlBeans Status

Posted by lo...@gmail.com.
Thanks, didn't want to raise issues if it is not meant to be ready.

am using a 2.2.3 & 2.3.0 snapshots....

It is starting to look like CXF is not liking
oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd as we get exceptions like
this in both client and server.  We use this in SOAP headers to simply
pass around usernames (we don't actuall implement wss).

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find schema for:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd
	at org.apache.cxf.xmlbeans.XmlBeansSchemaInitializer.getSchema(XmlBeansSchemaInitializer.java:148)
	at org.apache.cxf.xmlbeans.XmlBeansSchemaInitializer.getSchema(XmlBeansSchemaInitializer.java:135)
	... 42 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: InputStream cannot be null
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:120)
	at org.apache.cxf.helpers.XMLUtils.parse(XMLUtils.java:136)
	at org.apache.cxf.xmlbeans.XmlBeansSchemaInitializer.getSchema(XmlBeansSchemaInitializer.java:129)
	... 43 more

Will raise an issue when I can be more specific.

Haven't used Hudson, it looks nice compared to CruiseControl where we
have to hand edit xml config files.

Re: CXF/XmlBeans Status

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--