Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/26 11:11:24 UTC

Re: Unable to start MySQL in NetBeans

Hi all:
I have the following running on this system concurrently MySQL 5.6 on port
3308, Maria DB 10.x on port 3306, MySQL 8.0.11 on port 3310, and Oracle XE
Express on port 1521. Several Apache & Tomcat servers running on different
ports and all working.

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin, do you use Powershell?  I was thinking about developing a
Powershell script.  I tested it and it works but I have a Windows BAT/CMD
that works.

Here is a Windows DOS batch file I created.  The filename can end in either
.bat or .cmd

File contents: mysql_stop.bat

@echo off
@cd /D "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\Data"
@echo Mysql database shutdowm custom ...
@if not exist %computername%.pid GOTO exit
@echo Delete %computername%.pid ...
for /f "delims=" %%x in (%computername%.PID) do set CN=%%x
taskkill /PID %CN% /F /T
:exit

I tested it and it works.

Regards,

Efrem

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin O'Shea <ma...@outlook.com>.
Efrem

Unfortunately that did not work. The messages displayed were slightly different as you can see:

[cid:image008.png@01D3DD7A.E3639820]

[cid:image010.png@01D3DD7A.E3639820]

So that is an improvement in my situation.

However, what I have not been able to do so far is register MySQL 8.0.11 in NetBeans 8.2 itself, i.e.:

[cid:image011.png@01D3DD7A.E3639820]

And

[cid:image012.png@01D3DD7A.E3639820]

The results is:

[cid:image013.png@01D3DD7A.E3639820]

Then, if I try to start MySQL in NetBeans from the context menu, I receive the prompt:

[cid:image014.png@01D3DD7A.E3639820]

[cid:image015.png@01D3DD7A.E3639820]

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin:

To start try this:
Path to start:  C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\mysqld.exe
Arguments:  --console --port 3310 --datadir="C:\\ProgramData\\MySQL\\MySQL
Server 8.0\\Data\\" --default-authentication-plugin=mysql_native_password

If you are using the default port, it defaults to 3306.

To stop, use Disconnect.  I will have to create a custom stop such as a
script.  From a command line, I was able to stop the database.
mysqladmin --port=#### --host 127.0.0.1 --user root --password

From xampp for stop, it uses a script, most interesting it contains logic

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin:

To start try this:
Path to start:  C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\mysqld.exe
Arguments:  --console --port 3310 --datadir="C:\\ProgramData\\MySQL\\MySQL
Server 8.0\\Data\\" --default-authentication-plugin=mysql_native_password

If you are using the default port, it defaults to 3306.

To stop, use Disconnect.  I will have to create a custom stop such as a
script.  From a command line, I was able to stop the database.
mysqladmin --port=#### --host 127.0.0.1 --user root --password

From xampp for stop, it uses a script, most interesting it contains logic

[cid:image002.png@01D3DD69.B2808CB0]

So that is an improvement in my situation.

However, what I have not been able to do so far is register MySQL 8.0.11 in NetBeans 8.2 itself, i.e.:

[cid:image003.png@01D3DD69.B2808CB0]

And

[cid:image004.png@01D3DD69.B2808CB0]

The results is:

[cid:image005.png@01D3DD69.B2808CB0]

Then, if I try to start MySQL in NetBeans from the context menu, I receive the prompt:

[cid:image006.png@01D3DD69.B2808CB0]

[cid:image007.png@01D3DD69.B2808CB0]

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin O'Shea <ma...@outlook.com>.

[cid:image008.png@01D3DD63.57310ED0]

So that is an improvement in my situation.

However, what I have not been able to do so far is register MySQL 8.0.11 in NetBeans 8.2 itself, i.e.:

[cid:image009.png@01D3DD63.57310ED0]

And

[cid:image010.png@01D3DD63.57310ED0]

The results is:

[cid:image011.png@01D3DD63.57310ED0]

Then, if I try to start MySQL in NetBeans from the context menu, I receive the prompt:

[cid:image012.png@01D3DD63.57310ED0]

[cid:image013.png@01D3DD63.57310ED0]

Posted by Martin O'Shea <ma...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin O'Shea <ma...@outlook.com>.
Efrem

[cid:image004.png@01D3DD59.E3FB9560]

So that is an improvement in my situation.

However, what I have not been able to do so far is register MySQL 8.0.11 in NetBeans 8.2 itself, i.e.:

[cid:image002.png@01D3DD59.51B2DA60]

And

[cid:image003.png@01D3DD59.51B2DA60]

The results is:

[cid:image001.png@01D3DD59.1872F050]

Then, if I try to start MySQL in NetBeans from the context menu, I receive the prompt:

[cid:image005.png@01D3DD59.E3FB9560]

[cid:image006.png@01D3DD59.E3FB9560]