Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by "Bulvik, Noam" <No...@teoco.com> on 2015/10/27 21:06:12 UTC

mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles: Trying to load hfile... hang till we set permission on the tmp file

Hi,
We are running CSV bulk loader on phoenix 4.5 with CDH 5.4 and it works fine but with one problem. The loading task is hang on mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles: Trying to load hfile .. until we give the directory holding the hfile (under /tmp of the HDFS) write permissions.

We set umask to be 000 but it does not work.

Any idea how it should be fixed

thanks

Noam

________________________________

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and others who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or if any problems occur with transmission, please contact sender. Thank you.

Re: mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles: Trying to load hfile... hang till we set permission on the tmp file

Posted by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can set following configuration in hbase-site.xml
and export HBASE_CONF_PATH or HBASE_CONF_DIR with the configuration
directory before running the job.

property>
      <name>hbase.coprocessor.region.classes</name>
      <value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.SecureBulkLoadEndpoint</value>
    </property>

Thanks,
Rajeshbabu.

Posted by "Bulvik, Noam" <No...@teoco.com>.
Thanks Matt ,
Is this a known issue in the CSV Bulk Load Tool ? Do we need to open JIRA so it will be fixed ?

There might be a better way but my fix for this same problem was to modify the CsvBulkLoadTool.java to perform,

                    FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);
                    RemoteIterator<LocatedFileStatus> ri = fs.listFiles(outputPath, true);
                    while (ri.hasNext()) {
                        LocatedFileStatus fileStatus = ri.next();
                        LOG.info("chmod a+rwx on {}", fileStatus.getPath().getParent().toString());
                        fs.setPermission(fileStatus.getPath().getParent(),
                                         new FsPermission(FsAction.ALL, FsAction.ALL, FsAction.ALL));
                        LOG.info("chmod a+rwx on {}", fileStatus.getPath().toString());
                        fs.setPermission(fileStatus.getPath(), new FsPermission(FsAction.ALL, FsAction.ALL, FsAction.ALL));
                    }

Posted by Matt Kowalczyk <ma...@cloudability.com>.