Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Mathieu Avoine <av...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/25 16:47:42 UTC

APTEditor + Doxia

Hi everyone,

I'm developing an Eclipse plugin called APT Editor which, like its name
suggests, is an editor/viewer for APT files. Basically, it offers an "edit"
pane to update the contents of the document, and a "view" pane to preview
the formatted version of the document in HTML.

The project page is http://apteditor.sf.net

Some people asked me if it was possible to offer the possibility to use
Maven Doxia's parser/renderer instead of the original code from pixware.
Sounds like a good idea to me, however not being a Doxia developer (not even
a Maven user to be honest) I wouldn't know where to look.

I'd appreciate if someone could give me some pointers as to how I could
integrate Doxia with the APT Editor. To summarize, I'd need to know what
libraries to load and what methods to invoke to generate an HTML version of
a given APT file into a chosen directory.

Thanks for your help!
Math

Re: APTEditor + Doxia

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
2007/7/26, Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>:

> Vincent Siveton wrote:
> > Hi Math!
> >
> > I recently add a pointer on your tool, so I am aware about your tool.
> >
> > 2007/7/25, Mathieu Avoine <av...@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> I'm developing an Eclipse plugin called APT Editor which, like its name
> >> suggests, is an editor/viewer for APT files. Basically, it offers an
> >> "edit"
> >> pane to update the contents of the document, and a "view" pane to preview
> >> the formatted version of the document in HTML.
> >

> > It is a great tool for dev. We could have a live renderer.
> >
> >> The project page is http://apteditor.sf.net
> >>
> >> Some people asked me if it was possible to offer the possibility to use
> >> Maven Doxia's parser/renderer instead of the original code from pixware.
> >> Sounds like a good idea to me, however not being a Doxia developer
> >> (not even
> >> a Maven user to be honest) I wouldn't know where to look.
> >>
> >> I'd appreciate if someone could give me some pointers as to how I could
> >> integrate Doxia with the APT Editor. To summarize, I'd need to know what
> >> libraries to load and what methods to invoke to generate an HTML
> >> version of
> >> a given APT file into a chosen directory.
> >

> > First, I suggest you to do a smart co of the doxia site
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/doxia/site
> > We added lot of documentations these days.
>
> Would be nice if we could publish the new docs already (for people who
> are not familiar with maven to build the site themselves), at least
> somewhere on a stage site, or even live, since the main site is just
> user docs. WDYT?

Done. Just waiting for sync.

Cheers,

Vincent

Re: APTEditor + Doxia

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Math,

2007/7/26, Mathieu Avoine <av...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks to all of you for the answers. Now more questions! ;)
>
> I've been reading through some code in Doxia lately to understand how HTML
> site generation is done, however foreign code is always hard to read and I
> was hoping someone would digest it a little bit for me (like I always say,
> saving time requires to be lazy :P).
>
> What I need to know is if it's still possible to call a "Driver" to have the
> contents generated in a given place? Let me explain. If I try to make a
> parallel with what I have done with Pixware's parser to achieve my goal, I
> only extended the class fr.pixware.apt.convert.Driver (
> apteditor.drivers.APTEditorDriver) and called the appropriate method. A bit

I was not aware about this but it sounds very useful for a book playing

> of code explains always better, so take a look at the following link, on
> line 200, this is where all the magic happens in APT Editor:
>
> http://apteditor.cvs.sourceforge.net/apteditor/APTEditor/src/apteditor/editors/MultiPageEditor.java?revision=1.3&view=markup
>
> I wish I could do the same with Doxia and let it do the dirty work: finding
> the css, figures and other, execute macros, etc, so I can concentrate on
> adding nice features to the UI of APT Editor.

Actually, no style exists in the AptSink. It is the renderer that pushes style.

Cheers,

Vincent

Re: APTEditor + Doxia

Posted by Mathieu Avoine <av...@gmail.com>.