Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Herve Quiroz <he...@esil.univ-mrs.fr> on 2003/08/26 15:38:07 UTC

[VFS] Composite FileSelector and commons-functor

Hi,

Maybe I am mistaken but how do you find files according to several
properties (let's say depth AND type) ? I believe you have to build your
own FileSelector implementation.

As I am using commons-vfs in a new project, and as I will eventually
need some kind of composite FileSelector, I am willing to contribute to
the project.  I also plan to code suffix/prefix file selectors.

However, it seems to me that a FileSelector is just a sort of
UnaryPredicate from commons-functor. And functor has got composite
predicates, with plenty of them alreay: AND, OR, NOT... Have you ever
thought of using predicates instead of FileSelector (or else having
FileSelector extending UnaryPredicate) in VFS ?

I agree that this would add another dependency, so it might not be a
good idea at all.

Regards,

Herve