Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by Rajat Khandelwal <pr...@apache.org> on 2015/07/24 13:59:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Plan for 2.3

Hi all

I'm volunteering for managing the next release.

The following things have been worked upon so far:

* Improvements in CLI responses
* overall documentation improvements
* Query Launching Constraint framework
* Query Level Logs
* Modularization of existing code
* Additions to website, including 20 minute demo.
* Update partition API
* Minor and (possibly) major bug fixes

I've gone through the unresolved issues without any fix version, and set
their fix versions to either 2.3 or 2.4. Respective owners please take a
look and move the issues from 2.3 to 2.4 if you cannot complete them and
vice versa for the opposite case.

The following (yet) unresolved issues are expected to be included in 2.3:

* Changes in ML modules
* ElasticSearch Driver
* Support for querying Streaming data sources
* Health Checks for services
* CLI improvements for file name suggestions for path arguments
* Documentation Improvements
* More bugfixes

Some of these issues might be moved out of 2.3 if required. More issues
might be added as needed.

Tentative timeline is:

10th August: Feature Freeze and release branching
Couple of weeks for verifications
25th August: Dev list voting
28-30 August: Roll out release candidate

Any Changes in the timelines will be updated on the Release Calendar
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LENS/Release+Calendar>

Comments are welcome.

P.S.: Sorry for spamming with jira updates.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Plan for 2.3

Posted by Raghavendra Singh <ra...@inmobi.com>.
+1

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 5:46 PM, amareshwarisr . <am...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> > Looks good Rajat
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Rajat Khandelwal <pr...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I'm volunteering for managing the next release.
> > >
> > > The following things have been worked upon so far:
> > >
> > > * Improvements in CLI responses
> > > * overall documentation improvements
> > > * Query Launching Constraint framework
> > > * Query Level Logs
> > > * Modularization of existing code
> > > * Additions to website, including 20 minute demo.
> > > * Update partition API
> > > * Minor and (possibly) major bug fixes
> > >
> > > I've gone through the unresolved issues without any fix version, and
> set
> > > their fix versions to either 2.3 or 2.4. Respective owners please take
> > > look and move the issues from 2.3 to 2.4 if you cannot complete them
> and
> > > vice versa for the opposite case.
> > >
> > > The following (yet) unresolved issues are expected to be included in
> 2.3:
> > >
> > > * Changes in ML modules
> > > * ElasticSearch Driver
> > > * Support for querying Streaming data sources
> > > * Health Checks for services
> > > * CLI improvements for file name suggestions for path arguments
> > > * Documentation Improvements
> > > * More bugfixes
> > >
> > > Some of these issues might be moved out of 2.3 if required. More issues
> > > might be added as needed.
> > >
> > > Tentative timeline is:
> > >
> > > 10th August: Feature Freeze and release branching
> > > Couple of weeks for verifications
> > > 25th August: Dev list voting
> > > 28-30 August: Roll out release candidate
> > >
> > > Any Changes in the timelines will be updated on the Release Calendar
> > > <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LENS/Release+Calendar>
> > >
> > > Comments are welcome.
> > >
> > > P.S.: Sorry for spamming with jira updates.

receipt.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Plan for 2.3

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.
I have verified almost all doc issues and closed them. Looks like we still
have few more issues to be verified.

Posted by Rajat Khandelwal <pr...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Rajat Khandelwal <pr...@apache.org>.
Hi all

Gentle reminder for feature freeze scheduled on 10th August, i.e. Monday.

We have closed on quite a good number of issues, 58 so far. Hoping to cover
most of the open issues till Monday. Here's a summary of the open issues:

Total: 31 issues, 22 Open, 9 In Progress

Issues by assignee:

Amareshwari: 2 issues: LENS-711 and LENS-602, both in progress.
Deepak: 3 issues: LENS-576, LENS-640, LENS-651. All open.
Himanshu: 3 issues: LENS-529, LENS-530, LENS-631. Two of them documentation
related, the third one being worked upon.
Jaideep: 2 issues: LENS-351(documentation), LENS-540. Both paused. Other
developers can pick up these if they have the time.
Neerja: 1 issue: LENS-238. Pending since 2.2 release.
Pranav: 1 issue: LENS-702. In progress
Rajat: 6 issues: 3 In progress, 1 Documentation, 1 I might finish, the last
one might need to be moved out.
Raju: 4 issues: 1 in progress, 3 related to Java 8.
Sushil: 1 issue: LENS-187. In progress.
Vikas: 1 issue: LENS-581. Has been merged in a feature branch, awaiting
response on merging to master.

8 Unassigned issues
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LENS-715?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%202.3%20AND%20project%20%3D%20LENS%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20%20and%20assignee%20in%20(Empty)>.
Feel free to pick up any of them.