Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by rajarsi <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/05 17:39:07 UTC

How can one query the mapreduce results from the dfs files ? - Newbee

Hi,

I have run the mapreduce job and created an index of Names which is duly
stored in the dfs. My question is, if we have to query the index by a
certain name, how can I do it ? Is there any sql-like mechanism for doing it
? Would I need to use another apache-developed-application on top of Hadoop
for the purpose or would I need to load the data from the dfs into a
database and perform queries then [shifting data from one storage to another
doesnt make much sense though] ? Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: How can one query the mapreduce results from the dfs files ? - Newbee

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.
Look at Hbase.

There is also a simple implementation for storing a Map in a file and then
reloading it at a later time, but that doesn't sound like what you want.