Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Sanilpnair <sa...@arssoftware.com> on 2014/01/15 15:31:17 UTC

Methods to improve the performance of Thrift (C#) query for Hbase

Hi All,

I started Thrift coding (with c# and Hbase) recently. I need to fetch
realtime data from the Hbase using Thrift, my problem is that "performance
issue" with scanner - filter queries.

Please let me know the performance enhancement methods while using thrift
with c#. Sample code is given below:

string TableName="testtable";
Dictionary<byte[], byte[]> attributes = new Dictionary<byte[], byte[]>();
TScan scanFilter = new TScan();
scanFilter.FilterString =
ToByteArray("((RowFilter(<=,'binary:1053_1371222000')) AND
(RowFilter(>=,'binary:1053_1371217740'))) OR
(RowFilter(<=,'binary:1055_1371222000')) AND
(RowFilter(>=,'binary:1055_1371217740')))");

var scanner = _client.scannerOpenWithScan(ToByteArray(TableName),
scanFilter, attributes);
for (var entry = _client.scannerGet(scanner); entry.Count > 0; entry =
_client.scannerGet(scanner))
{

            foreach (var rowResult in entry)
            {
        		string rowkey =
Encoding.UTF8.GetString(rowResult.Row);
                	Console.Write("{0} => ", rowkey);
		}

}
_client.scannerClose(scanner);

I tried scannerGetList also, single condition on filter is faster!

My question is that:

1) how many ways we can improve the performance(optimization) of Thrift
query to hbase.
2) how to cache the Thrift query response on Hbase. Can we force to cache
response on Hbase using thrift query(I couldn't find any additional
properties or attributes on Thrift scan/filter queries)
3) Is Thrift load balancing? how to manage load balancing of Thrift server
on Master node.

I am looking forward to hearing from you, hope you can help me.

Regards
Sanil

RE: Methods to improve the performance of Thrift (C#) query for Hbase

Posted by Sanilpnair <sa...@arssoftware.com>.
Hi Jake,

Ok, thank you for your attention.

Regards
Sanil

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Sanil

Posted by Sanilpnair <sa...@arssoftware.com>.
Hi Jens,

Thank you for your quick and valuable response. I will check on Hbase side
anyway :)

Regards
Sanil

ARS | Traffic & Transport Technology | India – Sanil P Nair, Sr. Software
Engineer
131-135, Nila, Technopark, Trivandrum-695581; Tel: +91 0471 2527117, Ext
117; Mob: 9387 061600 - Web: www.arssoftware.com

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.
Hi again,

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.