Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Schaller <ds...@debis.com> on 2000/04/03 20:48:17 UTC

Tomcat V3.1beta and IBM VisualAge 3.0

Hello,

does anybody know, how to integrate Tomcat V3.1beta into IBM VisualAge
3.0??

IBM only gives an instruction how to do it with Tomcat V3.0, however the
directory-structure of Tomcat V3.0 and V3.1beta are very different.

Thanx.
Daniel

Re: Tomcat V3.1beta and IBM VisualAge 3.0

Posted by Edwin Lukaweski <ed...@idirect.ca>.
Here is some note on my experience:

I have had serveral private emails and so I thought I would ost this here:
Here is my best guess, at this point, of the differences from the article.

1) To get the source from the examples, the input is from
.\webapps\examples.war.

2) The class to instantiate for starting and stopping Tomcat is
"org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat". This has changed from the article. These
changes are made in the Starttomcat and StopTomcat classes included in the
article.

3) To set up the "classes" directory, the instructions are missing
"servlet.jar"

4) the "extra directories" paths I use are:

..\Tomcat\WEB-INF\classes\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\hh\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\hh\web-inf\classes\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\admin\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\admin\WEB-INF\classes\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\examples\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\ROOT\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\test\;
..\Tomcat\webapps\test\WEB-INF\classes\;
..\Tomcat\WEB-INF\;
..\Tomcat\lib\ant.jar;
..\Tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;
..\Tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;
..\Tomcat\lib\webserver.jar;
..\Tomcat\lib\xml.jar;
.\conf\;
..\Tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fadmin\;
..\Tomcat\work\localhost_8080\;
..\Tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fexamples\;
..\Tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Ftest\;
..\Tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2hh\;
.\classes\;

 I have an extra one in the above for my web application.

5) The "program properties", in the "Program" tab, of the Properties menu
item, of StartTomcat, must contain:
"tomcat.home=e:\programg3\IBMVjava_a\IDE\project_resources\tomcat\" . This
is a new environment variable that Tomcat needs. If this is not set, nothing
happens when you start Tomcat.

 I think that's it.

Ed