Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alex A <al...@alex-andr.org> on 2010/11/12 21:14:59 UTC

NTLM in AXIS2 1.5.1

Hello

sorry if I am kicking a dead horse, but looks like I am running in
circles, thus asking for help here
(honestly spent two days trying and digging in archives)

I am trying to set up an Exchange 2007 EWS connection, using AXIS2 1.5.1

It works with Basic authentication, but I can't make it work with NTLM.

According to the logs, it doesn't even try:

AuthChallengeProcessor:selectAuthScheme() NTLM authentication scheme
selected
HttpMethodDirector:processWWWAuthChallenge() No credentials available
for NTLM <any realm>@192.1.1.243:80
Unable to sendViaPost to url[http://192.1.1.243/EWS/exchange.asmx]
HTTPSender:sendViaPost() org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error:
401 Error: Unauthorized

Here is the code

         m_EWSservice = new ExchangeServiceStub(null, ewsUrl);
         Options options = m_EWSservice._getServiceClient().getOptions();

         Authenticator authenticator =
             new
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator();

         List authScheme = new ArrayList();
         authScheme.add("NTLM");

         authenticator.setUsername(m_user);
         authenticator.setPassword(m_password);
         authenticator.setHost(host);
         authenticator.setAllowedRetry(true);
         authenticator.setDomain(domain);
         authenticator.setRealm(domain);

         authenticator.setPort(80);

         authenticator.setAuthSchemes(authScheme);

         options.setProperty(

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator.NTLM,
authenticator);

options.setProperty(org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.AUTHENTICATE,
authenticator);

options.setProperty(org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.CHUNKED,
false);

         m_EWSservice._getServiceClient().setOptions(options);

Unfortunately, most of the examples I could google up use different set
of options (Now obsolete ???)
For example here :
http://wso2.org/library/161

and the examples in the documentation seem to be utterly insufficient.
http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/1_5_1/http-transport.html

Please help answering the questions:

1) Am I missing something in the configuration?
2) Is there a good example how to configure NTLM and DIGEST (Yes, I will
need it too, but even frighten to think about it for now)
3) What are the external library dependencies? Do I need additional
Crypto jars to support NTLM?
4) I am getting INFO level messages - how can I enable DEBUG level for Axis?

Thanks,
~ Alex.