Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org> on 2011/12/18 04:08:18 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1220324 - in /incubator/ooo/trunk/main/default_images/introabout: about.png intro.png

Hi Pedro,

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 02:16:34AM -0000, pfg@apache.org wrote:
> Author: pfg
> Date: Sun Dec 18 02:16:34 2011
> New Revision: 1220324

> Log:
> An unprofessional attempt to update some logos.

then I'm not sure if this should be done in trunk.
I guess the nightly build will look unprofessional too.

> Modified:
>     incubator/ooo/trunk/main/default_images/introabout/about.png
>     incubator/ooo/trunk/main/default_images/introabout/intro.png
>
> Modified: incubator/ooo/trunk/main/default_images/introabout/about.png
> Binary files - no diff available.
>
> Modified: incubator/ooo/trunk/main/default_images/introabout/intro.png
> Binary files - no diff available.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: svn commit: r1220324 - in /incubator/ooo/trunk/main/default_images/introabout: about.png intro.png

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Pedro,

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 07:25:46PM -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > > An unprofessional attempt to update some logos.
> >
> > then I'm not sure if this should be done in trunk.
> > I guess the nightly build will look unprofessional too.
> >

> No, i don't think it will.
>
> I only added the Apache Incubator logo in an empty corner,
> something that should've been done long ago.
>
> It is unprofessional in that it should've gone much further,
> effectively rebranding OpenOffice.org to "Apache OpenOffice",
> something that I will leave to true graphic professionals.
>
> So .. when is that logo contest starting? ;-).

I'm not sure a contest is the best option here, may be just a call for
designers. Last time, the contest ended with - IMO - an awful splash
screen, compared to Stella's:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery/OOo3_Splash_Screen

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: svn commit: r1220324 - in /incubator/ooo/trunk/main/default_images/introabout: about.png intro.png

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hi Ariel;

> > An unprofessional attempt to update some logos.
>
> then I'm not sure if this should be done in trunk.
> I guess the nightly build will look unprofessional too.

No, i don't think it will.

I only added the Apache Incubator logo in an empty corner,
something that should've been done long ago.

It is unprofessional in that it should've gone much further,
effectively rebranding OpenOffice.org to "Apache OpenOffice",
something that I will leave to true graphic professionals.

So .. when is that logo contest starting? ;-).

Pedro.