Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 19:04:46 UTC

Re: MPMs based server

On 3/28/07, Wakan <wa...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possibile to write a server program using APR (of course) and the
> apache MPMs module
> to manage connections? it is part of APR?
> If is it possibile to use it, in which way? Are there some examples?

The MPMs are part of Apache httpd.
The expected way to reuse the MPMs is to provide your own protocol
implementation to run inside httpd.
examples: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mod_ftp.html,
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/echo/mod_echo.c?view=annotate

Re: MPMs based server

Posted by "J. Daniel Rotenberg" <jo...@gmail.com>.
mod_smtpd has been a pretty good resource for me as well.

http://httpd.apache.org/mod_smtpd/