Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Collins Anthony J (DTI)" <An...@state.de.us> on 2004/04/02 14:27:12 UTC

Multiple instances of James on the same machine

	Can I run multiple instances of James using different ports with
the same IP?  My first attempt failed with an unable to bind to address
error message.

Tony Collins

RE: Multiple instances of James on the same machine

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Can I run multiple instances of James using different ports
> with the same IP?

Yes.  I have that running on a test system at home.  Don't forget to check
all of the services, e.g., SMTP, POP3, NNTP and the remote manager, although
the exception you received should tell you which one is causing the problem.

	--- Noel

Re: Multiple instances of James on the same machine

Posted by nuno Alexandre Palma <l1...@alunos.uevora.pt>.
Hi!
- Try to change the smtp/imap/pop/admin port of the second instance.

- If you have multiple network cards, try to bind each james to one
network card.

--
nuno Alexandre Palma <l1...@alunos.uevora.pt>