Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by David Gallagher <dg...@CleverDevices.com> on 2020/02/10 18:45:14 UTC

Nifi Registry - override "one-up" requirement?

Hi - we have a setup with a single Development registry and multiple Production NiFi Registries. There's an air gap between the environments. Our intent is to work on flows in the Development environment, export the flows, and then deploy them to production environments. We're finding now that the production registries require that the first flow start with version 1, and that any subsequent flows be one-up from the previous number. Is there a way to override this behavior? It would be desirable for us to see which version of a flow is present in a given production environment.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: Nifi Registry - override "one-up" requirement?

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Currently there isn't a way to do this. If you aren't exporting every
version then you end up with a disconnected version sequence in
production. You could possibly include the version # in the commit
message in dev so that you could locate that version in the production
environment.