Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org> on 2010/10/28 10:27:47 UTC

Re: generate similar documents

Hi Divya,

--similarityClassname should point to an implementation of
org.apache.mahout.math.hadoop.similarity.vector.DistributedVectorSimilarity,
you can use any value from
org.apache.mahout.math.hadoop.similarity.SimilarityType to use a
predefined similarity measure or you can point to an implementation of
your own

--numberOfColumns is the number of columns of the input matrix, which
would be the number of unique terms as I suppose your matrix is
documents x terms

--sebastian

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
You have to supply that number, however if you don't use it number in
the similarity computation (only SIMILARITY_LOGLIKELIHOOD uses it) you
can safely ignore it and pass in any number.

--sebastian

Posted by Divya <di...@k2associates.com.sg>.
Hi Sebastian,