Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Lucian Iordache <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/20 16:53:30 UTC

BitComparator bug in HBase 0.94.1 - ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Hello,

I found a bug in BitComparator implementation from HBase 0.94.1.
The problem is that in the compareTo method, the value from the
BitComparator is compared against the whole buffer of a KeyValue from hbase
and the loop that compares them uses the length of the KeyValue buffer
instead of using the length of the value from the BitComparator object.
Because the length of the KeyValue buffer is bigger than the length of the
value from the BitComparator object, an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
appears.

I've opened a bug for it: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6846

Maybe it helps other people that will encounter the problem.

Lucian

Re: BitComparator bug in HBase 0.94.1 - ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by Lucian Iordache <lu...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I will do that in the next days.

--
Numai bine,