Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Varun kumar <va...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/07 09:44:10 UTC

HBase shell error

After successful compilation when I try to run a create table command
I get an error as follows

12/07/07 02:41:49 ERROR
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Can't get connection
to ZooKeeper: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase

Please let me know what is the issue !

Varun

Re: HBase shell error

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You require the ZooKeeper jars to be in the classpath of your JVM when
you run any HBase application. If you use the m2e plugin to create
Java Projects with Maven in Eclipse, it handles such dependencies well
and automatically. Otherwise, consider getting the zookeeper jar from
the tar-pack/etc. and add it to your build path manually.

--
Harsh J

Re: HBase shell error

Posted by Varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I changed the hbase-site.xml and the zookeeper was up.
I was able to create a table from the shell.

In eclipse I created a new project and added references to hbase-server,
hbase-common and hbase-it
projects.

Comiplation was successful.
When I try to run the program I get an error !

org/apache/zookeeper/Watcher
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
    at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConnectionManager.java:204)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:172)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:150)
    at HbaseTest.Hbaseconnector.main(Hbaseconnector.java:25)

Also is there is a standard procedure to create new applications and debug
the existing source code during run time ?

Thank you  !

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Your HBase shell isn't able to make a proper connection to ZooKeeper.
> Have you configured the property hbase.zookeeper.quorum properly, and
> is ZooKeeper fully up? We can help better if we have more info about
> your environment.
>
> On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > After successful compilation when I try to run a create table command
> > I get an error as follows
> >

> > 12/07/07 02:41:49 ERROR
> > client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Can't get connection
> > to ZooKeeper: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase
> >
> > Please let me know what is the issue !
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Varun