Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/11 04:37:31 UTC

[DISCUSSION] new WB tool and icons

Hello All,

There is one more JIRA I would like to implement before 4.0.5 release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1884

Jorge Alberto Londoño Giraldo propose new tool and have created new WB icons
Do you like the idea?
Should we switch to new icons?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [DISCUSSION] new WB tool and icons

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.
I agree with Alvaro that the new icons are nice but that it would make more
sense to use them if they were in different colors. I also like Alvaro's
idea of removing the lines between the icons.

Dan

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 5:16 AM, Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Maxim,
>
> The new icons are nices, but it are
> now in OM whiteboard toolbar are more appropiate,
> because:
>
> 1)
> They are of differents colors between them,
> and that is good, because if you are reading-looking
> a document in the white board and look to the
> toolbar and see all the icons of the same clear
> color, someone can feel sick looking for he/she need,
> and no all the new icons are clear his use.
>
> 2)
> The best, for my understending, is to continue using
> that are now but deleting the lines separation between
> each icon.
> Please, take a look the attached picture.
>
> 3)
> The ease of use must be first, and secondly the design.
>
> Regards
>
> Alvaro
>

> ---------------------------------
>

> El sáb, 11-08-2018 a las 11:37 +0700, Maxim Solodovnik escribió:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > There is one more JIRA I would like to implement before 4.0.5
> > release:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1884
> >
> > Jorge Alberto Londoño Giraldo propose new tool and have created new
> > WB icons
> > Do you like the idea?
> > Should we switch to new icons?

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
Click here to schedule a phone call with me.
<https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/aplusadmin/phone-call>
Sign Up for A+ News and Test Prep Tips!
<http://aplustutoring.com>

Re: Re: [DISCUSSION] new WB tool and icons

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.
Great idea about adding the cam and mic to the gear icon!

Re: Re: Re: clipart bug in om_next

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Actually this common behavior
You need to select "pointer" tool to move/resize objects

This is necessary to be able to draw overlapping objects
I'm afraid this will be impossible in case current behavior will be changed

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Re: clipart bug in om_next

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ed,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: clipart bug in om_next

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

clipart bug in om_next

Posted by BBS Technik <do...@gmx.de>.

Re: Aw: Re: [DISCUSSION] new WB tool and icons

Posted by Ludovic MESSINGER <lu...@laposte.net>.
Hi,

I would like also to see new icons as some of our users would have a
more modern look.

Best regards,
Ludovic

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Peter,

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

icon group handling was improved (IMO)
Could you check it on demo-next and share your opinions?

Will try to implement arrows for rotate, will see how it will be

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.

Posted by Ludovic MESSINGER <lu...@laposte.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Re: [DISCUSSION] new WB tool and icons

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ed,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Aw: Re: [DISCUSSION] new WB tool and icons

Posted by BBS Technik <do...@gmx.de>.

Re: [DISCUSSION] new WB tool and icons

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
...i think that the whiteboard must have always
the same dimensions, since is sick adjust your
looking, when you are reading a  document in whiteboard,
after open the chat window, for exemple.
The x-y are differents before to after, and that is very
fatigue for the eyes and the brain.

Give me two or three days and will make a design of
distribution and size of conference room.

Alvaro

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I don't really understand why WB need to have same dimensions :(
Right now dimensions only changes on document drop and only if document is
bigger than WB

@Daniel, this new tool is described in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1884
There might be difficulties with resize
Currently resize/rotate is disabled for newly created objects, this might
need to be changes for text, will see what can be done here

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.