Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by theMenace <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/09 16:57:49 UTC

axis2 - service error switching adb to xmlbeans

Hi,
Love the product (using axis2 1.2), and everything was going swimmingly
until...

I'm generating a service from a WSDL.  It was working fine with adb binding,
but I want to do schema validation, so I'm trying to switch it to xmlbeans
databinding.  Once I switched it to xmlbeans, regenerated, filled out my
skeleton again, and redeploy the aar to the axis2.war, I get this in the
catalina log but nothing in stderr or stdout.

Aug 9, 2007 9:46:16 AM org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet doPost
SEVERE: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

This is in the response I get back from the service:

java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:170)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

At first, I thought it might be that the xmlbeans jars are not on the
classpath, so I added them to the libs of the deployed axis2, and to the lib
directory of the aar file, but still no luck.

I also, just to make sure I wasn't crazy, switched it back to adb and ran it
again, and it worked.  So I know it's probably something simple with how I
have xmlbeans setup.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-chuck

Re: axis2 - service error switching adb to xmlbeans

Posted by theMenace <ch...@gmail.com>.
Nevermind.  I found this  http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/adv-userguide.html
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/adv-userguide.html ,
 that told me I needed to copy my schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans folder onto the
classpath of my aar file.

-chuck