Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jean-Pierre Chretien <Je...@cert.fr> on 2005/03/03 10:13:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Slow connection from MacOS

Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:02:08 +0100 (MET)
From: Jean-Pierre Chretien <chretien>
Subject: Slow connection from MacOS
To: chretien@cressida.cert.fr

Hello,

I currently use 2.0.53 with full success with a server on SolarisSparc 2.8
and a set uf users on Solaris, Windows and MacOS.

The connextion from MacOS is slow on dynamic pages (CGI scripts) and I can't
understand why (this seems to have appeared since upgrade from 2.0.45 to 2.0.52).

If I log the exchange, here are the differences I record:
 - with a SunOS client, I get a normal packet exchange with mms equal to 1460 (after agreement upon 1460 max packet size)

 - with a MacOS client, the exchange is much longer:
   * the effective packet size is 1448 instead of 1460
   * packet size seems to be renegociated on a different secondary port
   * an Option field  (Options=<nop,nop,tstamp 297315456  3235295809>) is added on all exchanged packets

Could it be a language problem ? The static pages do not have a charset explicit instruction
which is added to dynamic pages by the CGI.pm module:

Thank in advance for any clue.

Regards

--
J.P. Chretien
ONERA/DCSD Systems Control and Flight Dynamics Department