Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "E.othman" <ot...@menara.ma> on 2007/02/19 19:44:35 UTC

HWPF search & replace

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to find and replace strings in a MS word file.
Actually I was not able to find the right method to do that in the
apache poi library api. Could anyone help me?

Basicly my application take a word file in input (template) and replace
defined keys (like "${AMOUNT}") with values. To do that, I iterate through
the paragraphs and look for my pattern. Then I need some methods like
deleteString(start, begin) and insertAt(offset, text).

Or is that another way to do the same thing?

thanks

othman.