Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Sellek, Greg" <GS...@NameProtect.com> on 2006/08/10 18:44:54 UTC

More Fetcher NullPointerException

I am experiencing the same issue as a similar post for 8/6.  Whenever I
try and fetch pages, I see a lot of  "fetch of xxx failed with:
java.lang.NullPointerException"  I have put the appropriate agent info
in both the nutch-default and nutch-site config files.  I tried using
DEBUG logging to get more info, but this error is the extent of what I
see.  Seems to happen on about 95% of the urls I am trying to crawl.

BTW, this happens with both the 0.8 build and the latest nightly build.

TIA for any advice as to what I am doing wrong.

Greg

RE: More Fetcher NullPointerException

Posted by "Sellek, Greg" <GS...@NameProtect.com>.
Thanks, that did the trick.

I had the same problem before. Just read
http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-dev%40lucene.apache.org/msg04303.html

Make that tiny change on line 385 of HttpBase.java and it will work
fine.

Raphael

Re: More Fetcher NullPointerException

Posted by Raphael Hoffmann <ra...@u.washington.edu>.