Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@fwd.at on 2003/03/25 19:32:57 UTC

Reloading server.xml with manager app

Hi there,

I've split the server.xml file as follows:
/conf/server.xml                             <= contains the primary
configuration
/webapps/<contextname>.xml <= contains the context specific configuration

However, when I try to reload an app with the manager app it seems as if
the information in <contextname>.xml is not re-read. Also if I simply
deploy a new application it seems that it has troubles reading the
information out of the <contextname>.xml.
Re-Reading everything in the /webapps/<contextname>-folder works
perfectly.

Does anybody know how to reload info from server.xml or it's
context-specific files?
Wouldn't it make sense to include re-reading the context-specific part of
the server.xml file for each context which gets reloaded???

Thx alot
Johannes