Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Something Something <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/19 08:33:26 UTC

Calling from Java or Python

Hello,

I am a newbie to Hive.  My question is, can I run the HiveQL scripts from
within a Java or Python program?  I believe at this time I cannot, correct?
 Please let me know.  Thanks.

Re: Calling from Java or Python

Posted by Ning Zhang <nz...@facebook.com>.
Or you can just call hive-e "select ..." or hive -f file.q in Java/Python.

On Feb 18, 2010, at 11:39 PM, Ronan Tobin wrote:

Yes you can...
See this link http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveClient

build your JDBC client.

Start the hive server -link